Friday, May 31, 2013

What's Cookin' With Jazmin?--Take 1

Hey everyone! My name is Jazmin Richardson. I am the new summer intern with Old North St. Louis Restoration Group. I am studying Nursing at the University of Missouri-Kansas City and will be serving as an  intern with Old North St. Louis Restoration Group for the duration of the summer. My goal this summer is to provide you all with some great nutritious  recipes that can be paired with the produce sold weekly at North City's Farmers Market. I also will be providing healthy living strategies as well. 
A few fun facts about me:
  • I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Golden Girls! It's my favorite show! My favorite character is Sophia because she reminds me so much of my own grandmother. 
  • I'm absolutely in love with Blue Bell Homemade Icecream. It's not sold in St. Louis, so unfortunately me and it will be departed for a while. :-(
  • I once cut my toe running from a fly and had to get 28 stitches. Yikes, I know. 

I am looking forward to blogging this summer, hopefully I get to know some of you as well :) 

Kick your summer off with a bang by dressing your salad with this seasons' favorite and trending berry! Scroll down and check out the recipe that I know you'll love to try!  

Strawberry Romaine Salad 

Looks YUMMY, am I right??
Recipe retrieved from allrecipes.com http://allrecipes.com/recipe/strawberry-romaine-salad-i/
  • 1 head romaine lettuce (rinsed, dried, and chopped)
  •  2 bunches fresh spinach—chopped, washed and dried
  •  1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
  • 1 Bermuda onion, sliced
  •  ½ cup mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  •   ¼ cup milk
  •  2 tablespoons poppy seed
Makes 6 servings 
Directions
  • In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, spinach, strawberries and sliced onion. 
  • In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, milk and poppy seeds. Shake well and pour the dressing over salad. Toss until evenly coated.


Come check out the North City Farmers’ Market
Where: Crown Square, Saint Louis Ave & 14th Street
When: Every Saturday from June 1st – Oct 12th from 10 am – 1 pm
What: Fresh Produce! Live Music! Fun Kids’ Activities!
See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment